Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Off topic: President Elect Trump (something I wish I never had to type)

Alright guys, following up on my post from yesterday here.

I get a lot of page views from outside of the United States, and I feel the need to make a few things clear. Donald Trump does not represent all of our views. He got to where he is now by appealing to the lowest denominator of the American electorate. Racists have effectively taken over the country I love.

Words cannot express the hurt, sadness and embarrassment I feel this morning. I have always been a, "glass is half full" person, I'm sad to say that for the first time in a long time that glass is half empty.

I have absolutely nothing positive to say today. I began writing this post thinking I'd post a Cranberries song that encapsulates my feelings, but even my favorite band can't help.

Again, please don't group all of us together. Donald Trump and the people that elected him will never be representative of mine or many other's views here.

No comments:

Post a Comment